To quote our favourite doctor (Seuss, of course), there is no one alive who is you-er than you! So before you can write the Driver Knowledge Test, it's important we see documentation (ID) showing that you are, well, you.
When you come in, please bring:
One piece of government-issued photo ID, such as:
- Canadian/Non-Canadian Passport
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Federal Identification Card
One piece of documentation providing proof of Alberta residency. Document must include your full name and have your current Alberta address such as:
- Utility, telephone, gas, or cable TV bills
- Current bank or credit card statements (originals only)
- Mortgage documents or residential lease (originals only)
In all cases, if the person writing the test is under the age of 18, parental consent will be needed and these documents are required for the parent. In addition, identification for the child will be required – such as a birth certificate or Canadian/Non-Canadian Passport.
Tip: Plan to arrive up to 45 minutes before the centre closes. This will give you enough time to write your test and for us to issue your driver’s licence once you’ve passed (we have every confidence you will!).