Deciding to close a business is never easy. But we can help make the paperwork pretty painless.
When an individual (trade name) or partnership no longer carries on business under a particular name, or wishes to inactivate the business name, a notification must be submitted. To do this, complete one of the following forms, depending on your needs:
- Declaration of Ceasing to Carry on Business Under a Trade Name (dissolve the trade name) (pdf). To view this Government of Alberta form in Chrome or Safari, save the PDF (right mouse click and Save Link As) and then open in Acrobat.
- Declaration of Dissolution of Partnership (dissolve the partnership)* (pdf).
*The dissolution of a partnership may be applied for by any partner; only one signature is required to dissolve the business name.
Let Us Help You with the Paperwork
Our certified registry agents will work with you and your schedule. Simply choose how you’d like to complete your transaction:
- In-person: Find an AMA centre near you
- Phone: 1-866-989-6370
- Fax: Toll-free to 1-855-333-6378 (within Canada and USA)
- Email: email@example.com
When changing a corporate record with us by fax or email, in addition to sending us your completed form, please include a photocopy of your personal identification and required credit card authorization.
- Our Corporate Registry services are a member-only service, so make sure you’re in good standing (that means no overdue membership fees) with the AMA, CAA, or AAA.
- A certified registry agent may provide assistance only; the role of the agent does not include providing legal advice. We recommend that you consult a lawyer licensed to practice law in Alberta on all matters having to do with the regulations of documents in the corporate registry.