Shuttering a corporation isn’t as simple as hanging an ‘Out of Business’ sign. The good news is, we can help make the process easier.
If you’ve decided to no longer do business in Alberta, or extra-provincially, you need to finalize the process. Once you’ve disbursed all your properties and cleared up your liabilities, complete the Articles of Dissolution form (pdf). For information on the choices facing you as you close a corporation, see the Government of Canada’s closing or selling your business – a succession plan info guide.
Fax or email the completed form to us, or come into any AMA centre to have it processed in person (fees apply).
Let us help you with the paperwork
Our certified registry agents will work with you and your schedule. Just choose how you’d like to complete your transaction:
- Fax:Toll-free to 1-855-333-6378 (within Canada and USA)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-person: Find an AMA centre near you
When changing a corporate record with us by fax or email, in addition to sending us your completed form, please include a photocopy of your personal identification and required credit card authorization.
- Our Corporate Registry services are a member-only service, so make sure you’re in good standing (that means no overdue membership fees) with the AMA, CAA, or AAA.
- A certified registry agent only provides assistance; the role of the agent does not include providing legal advice. We recommend that you consult a lawyer licensed to practice law in Alberta on all matters having to do with the regulations of documents in the corporate registry.