Before teaching your teen to drive, ask yourself: would YOU pass a road test today?
When you’ve been behind the wheel for years – let alone decades – it’s easy for bad habits to take hold. And if your young driver’s professional driving instruction is being complemented with lessons at home, it’s important that your knowledge and skills make the grade. Our coaching resources will set you up for success.
Parent Coaching Resources for Download
- Parent Coaching Guide (PDF)
- Is Your Teen Ready to Drive? (PDF)
- Are You Ready to Coach? (PDF)
- Driving Log – Practice Hours (PDF)
- Driving Contract Between Teen and Parent-Guardian (PDF)
Coaching for Parents of Teen Drivers Online Tool
For a more interactive experience, use this FREE tool. Here's what you'll learn:
- Explanation of Graduated Driver's Licences (GDL)
- Parent & coach involvement and strategies to help your new drivers
- Overview of the topics covered in an AMA New Driver program