What do Prince, Diddy, Jennifer Lopez and Tom Cruise have in common? At some point, they all changed their names (in some cases, multiple times!). If you find yourself wanting to do the same – perhaps moving from a numbered company to a named one, or changing the name you originally chose to something catchier – we’re happy to help.
To file a change of name, you need:
- One piece of identification;
- Your AMA membership card;
- An Alberta biased NUANS report – completed within the last 90 days, and
- A completed Articles of Amendment form
Let Us Help You with the Paperwork
Our certified registry agents will work with you and your schedule. Simply choose how you’d like to complete your transaction:
- In-person: Find an AMA centre near you
- Phone: 1-866-989-6370
- Fax: 1-855-333-6378 (within Canada and USA)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When changing a corporate record with us by fax or email, in addition to sending us your completed form, please include a photocopy of your personal identification and required credit card authorization.
- Our Corporate Registry services are a member-only service, so make sure you’re in good standing (that means no overdue membership fees) with the AMA, CAA, or AAA.
- A certified registry agent may provide assistance only; the role of the agent does not include providing legal advice. We recommend that you consult a lawyer licensed to practice law in Alberta on all matters having to do with the regulations of documents in the corporate registry.