If you’re the sort of person who orders off the “secret menu” at restaurants, and always knows the fastest line at the grocery check-out, you’ll love this: AMA can automatically renew your car's registration every year! No line-ups, no hassle, no remembering your renewal date. It’s called Vehicle Registration Auto-Renew and you can learn about it here.
Of course, we understand that some people prefer to visit an AMA centre, and we’re always happy to help. Here’s what you’ll need:
- One Government of Alberta-acceptable photo ID or support document.
- Your previous vehicle registration, or licence plate number.
- Proof of valid Alberta liability insurance - pink card in the name(s) to appear on the vehicle registration.
You can also manually renew online.
Note – when using online renewal, the province system shuts down their system for maintenance:
- Monday-Saturday 9:55 p.m. to 10:15 p.m.
- Sundays 6:55 a.m. to noon