If you honourably served in the armed forces, we thank you for your service and sacrifice. A veteran's licence plate is a great way to show your military pride and dedication to this great country.
You can request a veteran’s licence plate in three easy steps:
- Submit your Application for a Veteran’s Licence Plate form (pdf) to the Alberta-NWT Command of the Royal Canadian Legion.
- Receive your approved application in the mail.
- Visit any AMA centre to purchase your veteran’s licence plate, and bring the following:
- AMA membership card
- Approved application form
- Government-issued photo ID
- Proof of vehicle ownership
- Valid insurance (pink slip)
If you have questions about the approval process, please contact Alberta-NWT Command at 403-284-1161.
- Exchange existing plate for veteran’s licence plate – $22.45
- Exchange licence plate for veteran’s licence plate and one-year vehicle registration renewal – $84.45
- Exchange motorcycle plate for veteran’s licence plate and one-year registration renewal – $54.45